I write from the “comfort” of my new apartment. I put “comfort” in quotation marks because, well, I'm currently using a camp pad for a bed. I actually have no problem with camp pads, but a lot of people apparently think that's weird. I'll probably upgrade to an aero-bed this week so I can really impress the visitors. Another option might be a real bed, but who does that? Not me, and not when I don't know where I'll live come January. One of these days I hope to stay in one place long enough to invest in such luxury, but the wandering continues for now.
Post grad house-hopping analysis:
# | When | Where | Where? | w/whom | Pros | Cons | Note | | 1 | Jun'04 | Dulio’s house | Monterrey, Mexico | Dulio, Bea, Pedro | guac tacos across the street | one bathroom for four | interim for apt search | | 2 | July'04 | Señora's house | Monterrey, Mexico | Señora, Bea | cheap | no A/C | too hot, move to survive | | 3 | Aug–Dec'04 | Calle Nápoles | Monterrey, Mexico | Bea | my own room for the first time since high school | no oven, the occasional cockroach | care packages never arrive | | 4 | Jan–Feb'05 | Alex's House | Monterrey, Mexico | Alex, Karla, Alex's mom | my own bathroom | alex's twin poodles | winter session before Spain | | 5 | Feb–Nov'05 | Plaza de Castillo | Madrid, Spain | Bea, Karla, Joyce, Regis, Ileana | six girls | six girls | all-time record: 10 months | | 6 | Dec'05–March'06 | Pacífico | Madrid, Spain | Bea | adorable apt | tiny apt | after the six moved on | | 7 | May'06 | Meri's apt | New York, NY | Meri | view of the gym | Meri (jk, jk) | interim for apt search | | 8 | Jun–Aug'06 | 46th St & 9th | New York, NY | Chris | rooftop | everything on a slant | summer sublet | | 9 | Sept06 - | Union Square | New York, NY | Julie | TBD | TBD | TBD |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment