Wednesday, September 07, 2005
new job
I call it a job. It's officially an internship, but I call it a job. Any "work environment" that requires I be there from 9 am to 7 pm has far surpassed internship status in my book- whether or not I have a two-hour lunch. It's going well for now... check back in six months. I'm in the "Comercio Exterior" department of the "Banco Transaccional" sector of the Corporate and Investment Bank of BBVA, theoretically analyzing the competition's electronic banking strategies, but currently just trying to figure out what in the world is going on. It's a strange transitional period, going from knowing nothing at all to (supposedly) learning everything. Nevertheless, I hope to soon convert myself- with the help of Alberto, my boss- from burdensome becario to productive personnel. All in good time. My first days have consisted primarily of me learning everyone's names and positions, locating the coffee machine, reading up on all sorts of past presentations and formation manuals, and organizing my desk when my boss isn't looking. Having a so-called job sure cuts down on posting time, though, and makes for some potentially boring topics besides. We'll see what I can do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment