up and went to Barcelona. No reason in particular, really- no tomato fights or running bulls- just a good, old-fashioned tourist trip, and I must admit I enjoyed it thoroughly. Madrid has its charm, but Barcelona has a beach. The Catalan is beyond me, but there's just something about a city on the sea that relaxes people. Bring out the flip-flops, I
say. It's been four years since I set foot in Barcelona, so I joined up with Joy and Regis and we did it all: Las Ramblas; La Sagrada Familia; everything Gaudi; seaside; el barrio gotico; I even got conned into feeding pigeons in la Plaza Cataluña, which is pretty much against everything I stand for. I
hate pigeons, and even moreso now that I have photographic evidence of one attacking my face. That's disgusting. I almost sang "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins, but felt more like the lady in, what, Home Alone 2? The pigeon attack was fortunately offset by our Saturday night visit to the "magic fountain," which for me would justify a Barcelona visit in and of itself. The water, the music, the lights... can I get this Friday off too?"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag. Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag."

4 comments:
What's up Wendy? Looks like you're having a killer time in Spain. Who knew you were older than me? No wonder you're so cool :)
what kind of comment is that?! we're talking about birds here, tuppence a bag! ha ha. I knew I should have taken my birthday off there, especially with that automatic astrology stuff.
sorry wendy--that was me, caroline kawaguchi. After i wrote that i was like, "you know that really didn't tell her who you were." Don't get into too much trouble over there. :)
ha ha, not a worry, Caroline! I was excited to figure it out based on your profile and some of your posts! and all the best to Idaho! :)
Post a Comment