Wednesday, August 01, 2007

these are a few of my favorite things

You know it's a good day when you break through to the next color layer of your Post-it pad. I'm a sucker for Post-its. Post-its and tupperware and band-aids. Just last week I bought a new piece of tupperware- clear plastic with a pale green lid. I'm not yet sure why I bought it- heaven knows I don't need it. It was sitting by itself in the baggie section, apparently left behind in favor of the Ziploc version (which, by the way, I also endorse), and I couldn't help but give it a home. It's now sitting empty on top of my cabinets, but I'll put something in it sometime: cookies, perhaps, or a 7-layer dip. I debated relegating it to school supplies, but I figure the pale green lid will go especially well with guacamole. Or would that be 8-layer dip? Beans, tomatoes, cheese, black olives, salsa, sour cream, guac... 7 after all- give or take the sour cream, take or take the olives (though, yes, I've lost that argument before). As for band-aids, there's no better way to make the best of a bad situation; slap one on and you feel better instantly. You can't help it. And Post-its? Post-its will be around long after people believe themselves "paperless." Yes, these are a few of my favorite things: Post-its and tupperware and band-aids. And olives.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wendy this is ridiculous. It's now been 2 months and 10 days since your last post. Surely you're trip to Chile made for some interesting blogging stories?

Wendy said...

guilty as charged. coming soon, I hope.