I recently received a request for more tales from the farm. Here's an all-time favorite, short but sweet:
Nick was 1, Katie was 3, I was 6, and Wayne was 8. At the time, Wayne still had a few years to go before reaching his peskiness peak, and I'd yet to earn the nickname "Big Bossy Booger." Katie spent a great deal of her time chasing butterflies, while Nick was ever improving his block-building skills.
One afternoon, my mom decided the "big kids" were old enough to watch over the little kids, and asked Wayne and me to keep Katie and Nick out of trouble while she took a quick shower. "Of course," we said, and we did.
When my mom got out of the shower, Wayne and I were downstairs watching TV. Katie and Nick were upstairs, tied to the couch by their necks.
Nick was 1, Katie was 3, I was 6, and Wayne was 8. At the time, Wayne still had a few years to go before reaching his peskiness peak, and I'd yet to earn the nickname "Big Bossy Booger." Katie spent a great deal of her time chasing butterflies, while Nick was ever improving his block-building skills.
One afternoon, my mom decided the "big kids" were old enough to watch over the little kids, and asked Wayne and me to keep Katie and Nick out of trouble while she took a quick shower. "Of course," we said, and we did.
When my mom got out of the shower, Wayne and I were downstairs watching TV. Katie and Nick were upstairs, tied to the couch by their necks.

2 comments:
this one gets me every time...
"I'd yet to earn the nickname "Big Bossy Booger."
Somehow I doubt that.
Post a Comment