Monday, February 27, 2006

larval fish?

I was walking home from work today when I came up behind a guy. Ah, but not just any guy, a guy with a sports bag. And not just any sports bag, a sports bag embroidered "29th Annual Larval Fish Conference." I half-laughed to myself, wondering whether it was a joke or some sort of vintage-attempting knock-off. On closer inspection, however, I decided that the bag- and its owner- were convincingly authentic. Once home, I did what any other curious soul would do and Googled it. Sure enough, the 29th Annual Larval Fish Conference was held in Barcelona, Spain from the 11th through the 14th of July, 2005. Disappointingly, registration was closed. Oooo! but the 30th Annual Larval Fish Conference will be held in Louisiana this year from the 12th of July through the 17th.

I'll probably see you there. I need that sports bag.

No comments: