The Gem State. Famous Potatoes. Idaho.
It’d been a while- 11.5 months, to be exact- but I’m back in the old neighborhood for three sweet weeks of vacation. I find it to be colder, quieter, and calmer than Madrid, but very much like I remember. The housing and commercial development is going crazy, but I still run into the same people downtown, I still live in the middle of nowhere, and I still have to drive 20 minutes to get anywhere which is, well, nice. I’ve eaten steak and potatoes, listened to country music, watched Monday Night Football, gone shopping, and am catching up with the old friends one-by-one. Up next: a little skiing and a lot of brother/sister pestering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you're home? If you get bored give me a call (208)989-7313. New Years eve I'm having a few ppl over for drinks and whatnot.
--Caroline
WB!!!
I miss you! Hope you got back to Madrid safely! Hope to see you on your next trip to USA - choose LA!!!
Love ya,
LT
Post a Comment